Wednesday 9 April 2008

At last statistics to back up what we know!!!

I just saw the following news article in The Independent Online....

Truth about Britons - Richer but no happier

In general it reports that the latest surveys carried out by the ONS show that despite longer life expectancy and greater prosperity - there has been no change in the levels of contentment people feel...

Let's hope the government soon start focusing on happiness and well being rather than wealth and competition....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff! Thanks for posting, I hope you don't mind me putting it on the Idle Foundation as well.

Patricia said...

Interesting and enjoyable blog - good reading... That latest finding of Britons being more prosperous , but not necessarily happier or more content seems to be a trend. I have read the same over here in the states. It definitely is not only Britons feelings that way - I have read the majority of industrialized nations reports this same trend.