Friday 30 November 2007

Welcome Moreton Hall !!!

If you have come to this site because you've read about it in The Moreton Hall Directory, or because you know me from my previous role as Proprietor of The Moreton Hall Directory - then thank you for visiting, and welcome!



I have been playing with this site for a number of months now, and I'm so excited to finally be in a position to "come out of the closet" and introduce you all to some of my other projects and passions. I hope you find this site enjoyable and informative.

So... what's it all about then....??

More and more people in England are opting to quit the rat race, hop off the hamster wheel of western life, and move to warmer climates for a better quality of life. I'm fascinated to know what motivates people to do this, and whether it actually brings them the happiness they seek. On this site I'll be publishing my insights on this topic, along with various interviews with people who have taken the plunge.

England has its bad points that's for sure (many of them I've already explored on this site), but it also has a great deal to offer. In conjunction with this, other countries may have their appeal, but surely they will have their downfalls too? On this site I will also be publishing the good and the bad of the different countries I visit on my travels. If you are considering taking the plunge yourself one day, wouldn't it be useful to have some kind of balanced (non sales related) information, from which you can make an informed choice? I hope I can help you work through the pitfalls and suss out whether it is the right thing for you or not.

On 1st January myself and my other half - Paul, are boarding a plane to Thailand. My mission is to build a mobile career in copywriting, magazine consultancy, and travel writing. Paul will be starting out by training as a PADI divemaster, but he is also a passionate photographer. As we're both passionate scuba divers, in the longterm we're hoping to draw in some underwater photography and writing work along the way too...

As well as addressing all of the questions posed, this site will also follow our journey both underwater and on land.

If you are interested in travel, the practicalities of living and working abroad, or even if your simply interested in following our journey and all the tales that may unfold - please subscribe to the box at the top right of the site so that you receive an email when we publish new information or stories.

Thank you again for visiting, and I hope to meet with you here again soon :-)

Warm wishes

Tina

No comments: